To keep your Invisalign aligners free from bacteria and practically invisible when worn, it's important to clean the aligners properly. Here are a few tips from our Surrey dentists on how best to clean and care for your Invisalign aligners.
Invisalign to Straighten Your Smile Discreetly
Invisalign's clear aligners are ideal for people who are concerned about looking their best while correcting misalignment and bite issues.
One key benefit of Invisalign over braces is that Invisalign aligners are almost invisible to others when worn! That means, unlike traditional metal braces, when you straighten your teeth with Invisalign hardly anyone will notice.
Invisalign Aligner Care
Here is how you should clean your aligners in order to keep them in tip-top condition and as clear as they can be:
- To keep your aligners clear it is important to remove them whenever drink anything except cool water. Coloured beverages can stain aligners, and hot drinks may cause the aligners to warp.
- Remember, to keep your treatment on schedule you must wear your Invisalign aligners for a minimum of 20-22 hours every day. But when you do need to remove your aligners be sure to store them in their handy case to help protect them from damage.
- Before returning your aligners to your mouth, thoroughly brush and floss your teeth to prevent food from being trapped between your aligners and your teeth.
- Also, give your aligners a rinse in clean water, or give them a quick clean using mild soap and soft toothbrush before returning them to your mouth, in order to prevent plaque and bacteria from building up.
The Invisalign Cleaning System
The Invisalign® cleaning system can help you keep your aligners odour-free, hygienic and clear. To help keep your aligners looking their very best, ask your dentist about the Invisalign Cleaning System.
How to use the Invisalign cleaning system:
- Remove and rinse your aligners.
- Fill the cleaning container with warm water then place the aligners into the container.
- Sprinkle one packet of Invisalign cleaning crystals into the container and shake gently for 20 seconds.
- Soak your aligners for 15 minutes in the Invisalign solution.
- After soaking, gently shake to help remove any debris from your aligners.
- Remove your aligners from the solution, rinse well in warm water (not hot water) and return your aligners to your teeth.